Here are some tips to help keep you focused and committed to your goals:
- Show up. You’ve paid for it, and some part of you is really motivated to get in shape, so make sure you actually come to camp. Yes, it can be really hard to get up some days, but you’re strong. You can do it. Keep your consistency and you’ll be rewarded.
- Bring your breakfast. Make sure you have a nutritious and easily digested meal right after camp. Bring your protein shake or have your green smoothie with you so you can feed your muscles when they need it the most. If you do start with a green smoothie (highly recommended), just make sure you have a protein drink as soon as you’re hungry (45-60 minutes later.)
- Nourish your body. Take a high quality vitamin and mineral supplement. Every process of your body relies on having the right amount and combination of vitamins and minerals, including building muscles and burning fat.
- Stay hydrated. The only time I’ve had people tell me they felt nauseous in boot camp was when they hadn’t had enough water before camp. The next day they drank water and said they felt better. Every system in your body needs pure water to function. It will help you release toxins, melt fat, and not be as hungry. Good stuff, that water.
- Rest. Yes, boot camp is early. It’s hard. You might be tired. Instead of pushing yourself way past what is healthy, have a nap. Go to sleep earlier. Your muscles need rest to build themselves so they can burn more calories.
- Make smart food choices. If your goal is to get lean and healthy, what you eat is a huge part of it. Make sure you get enough fiber and lots of leafy greens. Eat low glycemic foods and find the best approach to eating for your body. This might change from week to week and month to month. Notice how you feel when you eat different meals.
- Be consistent. Coming to one boot camp session is fantastic – just remember that fitness and health is an ongoing thing. A four week boot camp is only the beginning. Many people say they feel great after camp and then find they aren’t disciplined or motivated enough to keep it up on their own.
Make a commitment to yourself by coming back to camp each session to continue your yoga and fitness practice. Find out more about the next session on the Kamloops Yoga Boot Camp page.
If you have other tips to share, please feel free to leave a comment below and add to the list!